We are determined to lighten our load for this year's Camino as opposed to last year's:
- We shed some weight by omitting the sleeping bags, as We were ending a few weeks earlier. It's amazing how warm silk sleeping bag liners are.
- We also left behind the extention cord, something we read was a must have.
- We each took one microfibre towel as opposed to the medium, small and washcloth sized ones we packed last year.
- I didn't bring the sarong that I swore by last year and managed to live without it.
- This year I didn't insist on toting 13 oz of watercolour supplies that remained untouched. You were right, dear.
- Although my right ankle is still technically fractured, I did without the ankle braces and opted for light weight Salomon hiking boots. They provided lots of support.
There are items we added this year that I'd take along again:
- my lightweight umbrella, my new must have.
- a mini tens (muscle stim) machine
- a larger supply of protein bars, our emergency rations when food wasn't available. We like the Solo brand pineapple/coconut nut free bars.
The saving grace of both Caminos were our New Zealand made Aarn body packs.
Tomorrow - blogging from France