A pasta problem. Given:
- One family member is allergic to wheat.
- One is on a chronic variation of Atkins and doesn't eat anything white (OK, you purists, I know there is no such thing as a variation to Atkins).
- Two won't eat white clam sauce and one likes his pasta hot and naked (with olive oil and herbs).
- Two won't touch whole wheat pasta.
- We are trying a sample of brown rice pasta.
Problem: How many pots were cooking on my stove tonight?
Answer: Six - one each for the rice, the rice pasta sample, the whole wheat pasta, the angel hair pasta, the red meat sauce and the white clam sauce. And then there were four different salad dressings and two kinds of Parmesan.
I must be crazy. Most people cook spaghetti for an easy meal.
But you know I like a challenge, so here is my progress on Marina's ribbing, front and back: